Welcome To Monaghan County Library Services
Corporate Plan Survey
Monaghan County Council must now prepare a new Corporate Plan which will set out our objectives and strategies for the period 2015 to 2019.
If you wish to assist us in this process please complete the on-line survey.
The closing date for receipt of completed surveys is 5:00p.m. Friday 21st November, 2014.
Our Mission Statement
"To serve and enrich people’s lives by providing a modern library and information service which stimulates knowledge and supports lifelong learning, imagination and recreation"
The role of Monaghan County Libraries has been redefined from a place simply to borrow books to one which allows access to the world of information and supports all members of the community in their quest for knowledge, education and self development. Our role is to provide accurate and up to date information. Our services include:
- lending of books, music cd’s, dvd’s, magazines, audio books
- local history and genealogical services
- a range of outreach services from the young to the old
- free Internet and WIFI access
- reader development and literacy programmes
- Inter library loan service
- School Library Service
- Lifelong learning