Welcome to the Housing Services
The main purpose of the Housing Directorate is to facilitate the provision of suitable, quality and cost effective housing accommodation and housing support.
The general strategy for realising the overall policy aim is that those who can afford to do so should provide housing for themselves, and those unable to do so from their own resources would have access to social housing or support to rent private housing.
Information on Tenant Purchase of Local Authority dwellings
Leasing of Private Rented properties
Rental Accomodation Scheme
Housing Assistance Payment
Mortgage to Rent Scheme
Further information is available from:
Monaghan County Council
Monaghan, County Monaghan
Opening Hours for visiting the office: 10.00am to 12.00pm
Monday to Friday (Public Holidays excepted)
Appointments can be arranged outside of those times
Reception: Tel. (047) 30500
Welcome to the Housing section of Monaghan County Council. The links below provide details and contact information for our services.
The national housing strategy indicates that the overall policy is to enable all households to access good quality housing appropriate to their household circumstances and in their particular community of choice
The core activities carried out by the Housing section to further this aim are:
- Housing construction and maintenance programmes which includes the purchase of dwellings.
- Assessment of the housing needs of private individuals; the allocation of Local Authority dwellings; and the assessment and collection of housing rents.
- Operating the Rental Accommodation Scheme (RAS) and leasing schemes to provide accommodation for private individuals
- The promotion of home ownership through Tenant Purchase Schemes and Loan Schemes
- The improvement of accommodation for elderly and disabled persons through financial assistance. Assisting Voluntary Organizations to provide accommodation for qualifying persons.
- The provision and management of Traveller Accommodation
If you have any problems finding the Housing information or Housing contacts you require please contact: