Welcome to County Monaghan’s Portal
Monaghan’s vibrant landscape is full of gentle hills, stunning lakes, small vibrant market Towns and quaint rural Villages. It offers a range of outdoor activities such as Heritage, Walking & Hiking Trails, stunning parkland Golf, Waterskiing & Wakeboarding, Rallying, Quad Biking, Kayaking, Paintballing, Playgrounds, Clay Shooting, Outdoor Pursuits plus lots more. The County proudly boasts itself as an Angler’s paradise with its multitude of lake and rivers with angler access.
The County is well known as the birthplace of the poet Patrick Kavanagh. There are a number of places that you must visit while in County Monaghan such as the Patrick Kavanagh Centre in Inniskeen, the award winning County Museum, Carrickmacross Lace Gallery, Swallow Studios in Annyalla, the Ulster Canal Stores and the Cassandra Hand Centre in Clones. There is a wealth of Heritage sites around the County and numerous Forest Parks including the impressive Ballybay Wetlands Centre.
Festivals such as the Harvest Time Blues, Monaghan Country Music Festival, Patrick Kavanagh Weekend, the Carrickmacross Festival, Muckno Mania, Irish Bog Snorkelling Championships, Clones Canal Festival, Féile Patrick Byrne, Country Shows plus loads more attract people from near and far.
The friendliness of Monaghan people adds to the attraction of the County with visitors returning to enjoy the magic of Monaghan year after year.
- Emergency Road Closure on the LP04602 Blackstaff Road Wed, 15 Apr 2015 15:41:00 BST - Notice
- Emergency Road Closure on the LP2120 Legnakelly and Leonards Island to Coraghy Wed, 15 Apr 2015 15:36:00 BST - Notice
- Referendum 22nd May 2015 - Are you on the Register of Electors? Tue, 14 Apr 2015 17:00:00 BST - Notice
- Notice to Close Roads to Facilitate Monaghan Motor Club Stages Rally Tue, 14 Apr 2015 16:51:00 BST - Notice
- Agents' Workshop Thu, 09 Apr 2015 18:13:00 BST - Event